This page is where you can look for answers to our most popular questions. There are links to plus-sized shopping all over the world, tips on figuring out your body shape, and info on things like dresses, swimsuits and bras. Hopefully this page can help you find what you're looking for!

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Reasons why your submission might not get published.

"Why haven't you published my picture?!"

I get this question or a variation of it at least ten times a week. I feel like I just keep repeating and repeating and repeating! With so many submissions, there is just no way I can remember what photo/submission was yours, so since I can't tell you a specific reason why your exact submission was not accepted, here are some reasons your photo might not get published:
  • Not following the rules of submission. I made those rules for a reason, and I have zero tolerance on this one. If you do not include your size in your submission, it will automatically get deleted. If publishing your size on the internet scares you, let me know and I will erase your sizing info before I publish it.
  • If I can't see what you're wearing, I'm not going to publish your photo. This is a fashion blog, not myspace. For example, I get a lot of this type of thing (see above). Don't send in this type of photo. While I'm sure your face is lovely, I want to see what you are wearing. (By the way, the photo above was not a submission, it was something I found on google. I obviously made it so you cannot see her face since I did not have approval to use her likeness.)
  • If there is something offensive in your photo, whether on the clothing or in the background, it will not get published. Not a lot to explain here.
  • If your photo is blurry or hard to see in some other way, it will not get published. Again, not a lot to explain.
  • I don't publish lingerie or underwear photos. Nothing against them, but I want FYCF to remain a neutral area and I want to do whatever I can to keep the women who submit from being exploited in any way.
  • In keeping with the statement above, I won't post a photo that is just showing off your boobs or your butt with a bit of outfit, too. I get a lot of these.
  • If you submit but do not properly include an image, it obviously will not get published. If you think a submission didn't go through properly, try it again. I'd rather get two or three of the same submission and delete the extras than to get one that doesn't work.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I apologize if your photo does not make it onto the blog, but it is nothing personal. With as many submissions as I get, I have to maintain some guidelines, and unfortunately not every photo will be approved. I hope you understand.

-Shelby
               

1 comment:

  1. I've followed these n all the rules..TWICE. still nothing, maybe my outfit isn't good enough??

    ReplyDelete